This Policy applies to our operating divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and branches, including any additional subsidiary, affiliate, or branch that we may subsequently form.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
Our primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account Holder), and to enable you to enjoy and navigate our Services.
Account Information. If you create an Account, we'll collect certain personal information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and date of birth. If you create an Account using your login credentials from one of your social network accounts ("SNS Accounts"), we'll be able to access and collect your name and email address and other PII that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access. If you create an Account through the Site or one of your SNS Accounts, we may also collect your gender, date of birth and other personal information as well as non-personal information relating to you.
Financial Information. In connection with a financial transaction via the Services, we will, through our third-party payment services provider, collect your credit/debit card information or other financial and payment information. We will use this information solely in connection with the financial transaction and will not share this information with third parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the financial transaction or to comply with applicable law.
Real Estate Information. When you use the Services to post a Listing, we will add Property related information, which we obtain either directly from you or from a third-party source, to the Listing. In addition, we will analyze any User Content that you provide via the Services and make the results of such analysis, including, without limitation, valuation and asset management information about Properties, available to other Users of the Services.
Real Estate Transaction Information. When you complete a sale or a purchase of a Property included in a Listing, we will collect information regarding the completed purchase or sale transaction. We may use this information to improve and personalize our Services.
Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, request customer or technical support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered "public" and is not subject to privacy protections.
Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
Information Collected Automatically or From Others
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising technologies
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users' engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
. You can opt out of Google's collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
.Information from Other Sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
As stated above, we use the personal information we collect to provide and improve our Services and as follows:Fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services;
- Processing applications and transactions; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
Provide you with additional content and Services, such as:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
Use De-identified and Aggregated Information.
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services;
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.Share Content with Friends or Colleagues.
Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.How We Use Automatic Collection Technologies.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.Notice Regarding Third Party Websites, Social Media Platforms
The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third- party service providers. The categories of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; information and services; payment processors; customer service providers; and vendors to support the provision of the Services.Business Partners.
We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner's name will appear along with ours.Affiliates.
We may share personal information with our affiliated companies.Advertising Partners.
Through our Services, we may allow third party advertising partners to set Technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioral advertising". We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.Disclosures to Protect Us or Others.
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others' rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.International Data Transfers.
You acknowledge that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.YOUR CHOICESGeneral
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non- personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.Email and Telephone Communications
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.Mobile Devices
We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt- out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. We may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device."Do Not Track"
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
, and www.aboutads.info/choices/
. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA's AppChoices application from your device's app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device's platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners' use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
Access to/Portability of Personal Data. about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Data transferred to another party.
Request Correction. of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction.
Request Deletion. of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.DATA RETENTION
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.CHILDREN'S INFORMATION.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account.OTHER PROVISIONS.CALIFORNIA PRIVACY
The follow provisions supplement the information contained in our privacy Notice above and applies solely to individuals, who reside in the State of California ("consumer" or "you") in our role as a business. We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended ("CCPA") and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.Information We Collect
In Providing our Services, we may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household ("Personal Information").
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information from our consumers in our role as a business within the last twelve (12) months (as indicated with a Yes below):
Categories of Sources from Which Personal Information is Collected
|Identifiers.||name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|Biometric information.||Physiological, biological, or behavioral, characteristics (including DNA) that can be used to establish individual identity, or imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns, or rhythms, and sleep, health or exercise data that contain identifying information.||No|
|Internet or other electronic network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer.||Profile reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
|Personal information categories listed in the categories above, but references in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Personal Information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records. Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the types and categories of sources described above in this Privacy Notice.Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the Personal Information we collect for the business purposes describe above in this Privacy Notice. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you additional notice.Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We may disclose your Personal Information to the third parties or others as described above in this Privacy Notice, for any of the business purposes described above in this Privacy Notice. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information in our role as a business for a business purpose:
Sales of Personal Information
- Commercial information
- Internet information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information in our role as a business as defined in the CCPA or other applicable laws.Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
Right to Delete
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may not be able to honor your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
Exercising Your Right to Know and Right to Delete
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the rights of other consumers to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the business' deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Response Timing and Format
- You may only make a Right to Know request twice within a 12-month period.
- We cannot respond to your request to delete or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or your authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- Only you, or an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a consumer request on behalf of your minor child (12 and under).
Where possible, we will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt; however, if we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not disclose your Personal Information to any third-party in a manner that would be considered a sale under the CCPA.Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer, will reasonably relate to your Personal Information's value to us and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Sites and Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below in this Privacy Notice.SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
C/O Legal and Compliance Department
2001 Broadway, Suite 400
Oakland, CA 94612